HEED THE VOX POPULI, AND TAKE THIS WORD OF THE DAY QUIZ!
Words nearby filming
Definition for filming (2 of 2)
- a cellulose nitrate or cellulose acetate composition made in thin sheets or strips and coated with a sensitive emulsion for taking photographs.
- a strip or roll of this.
- the coating of emulsion on such a sheet or strip or on a photographic plate.
- a strip of transparent material, usually cellulose triacetate, covered with a photographic emulsion and perforated along one or both edges, intended for the recording and reproduction of images.
- a similar perforated strip covered with an iron oxide emulsion (magfilm), intended for the recording and reproduction of both images and sound.
- motion picture.
verb (used with object)
- to photograph with a motion-picture camera.
- to reproduce in the form of motion pictures: to film a novel.
verb (used without object)
Origin of film
OTHER WORDS FROM filmfilm·like, adjectivere·film, verb (used with object)un·filmed, adjectivewell-filmed, adjective
Example sentences from the Web for filming
Since filming the show, however, her relationship with classical music has obviously changed.‘Mozart in the Jungle’: Inside Amazon’s Brave New World of Sex, Drugs, and Classical Music|Kevin Fallon|December 23, 2014|DAILY BEAST
We rented a house in New Castle, Delaware, that doubled as our filming location and lodging for the actors.Nitehawk Shorts Festival: ‘Brute,’ a Twisted Take on Playing in the Dark|Julia Grinberg|November 28, 2014|DAILY BEAST
During the first weekend of filming with Greg, I heard of Cody Wilson and I was emotionally rocked.
No actual sex happened during the filming of Drone Boning—it was all simulated.Anatomy of a Drone Porn: ‘Drone Boning’ Makes Sex Look Like Art|Aurora Snow|November 8, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Wiseman spent 12 weeks filming, and amassed 170 hours of tape.Inside The Secret World of London’s National Gallery|Tim Teeman|November 8, 2014|DAILY BEAST
There are many trick pictures made, and many times little accidents occur in filming a play.The Moving Picture Girls at Oak Farm|Laura Lee Hope
But the live rehearsal for the filming was at least twice as affecting as the dead result of that rehearsal on the screen.Another Sheaf|John Galsworthy
Dan reminded the boys that during the filming of the banquet scene all of the Cubs had taken part.Dan Carter and the Haunted Castle|Mildred A. Wirt
Filming is limited to the location where it is being carried on.The Civilization of Illiteracy|Mihai Nadin
Nowadays, also, the filming of aeroplane flights from a fixed point on the ground is by no means easy.Practical Cinematography and Its Applications|Frederick Arthur Ambrose Talbot
British Dictionary definitions for filming
- a sequence of images of moving objects photographed by a camera and providing the optical illusion of continuous movement when projected onto a screen
- a form of entertainment, information, etc, composed of such a sequence of images and shown in a cinema, etc
- (as modifier)film techniques
- to photograph with a cine camera
- to make a film of (a screenplay, event, etc)