- Pathology. pertaining to or resembling a fistula.
- tubelike; tubular.
- containing tubes or tubelike parts.
Origin of fistulous
Examples from the Web for fistulous
Historical Examples of fistulous
The fistulous tracks must, in fact, be washed in the liquid.Diseases of the Horse's Foot
Harry Caulton Reeks
The most usual, as it is the most direct, is the fistulous connection of the gall-bladder or common duct with the duodenum.
Probing will now disclose a fistulous tract leading to the bottom of the diseased tissues.
A probe shows these fistulous tracts to be more or less sinuous, but always leading to one point—the gangrenous cartilage.
Poll evil is a fistula upon the poll, and in no sense differs from fistulous withers except in location.
fistular (ˈfɪstjʊlə) or fistulate (ˈfɪstjʊlɪt)
- pathol containing, relating to, or resembling a fistula
- hollow, esp slender and hollow; reedlike or tubular
- containing tubes or tubelike parts
- Relating to or containing a fistula.