- the act of a person or thing that fixes.
- fixings. Also fix·in's [fik-sinz] /ˈfɪk sɪnz/. Informal.
- the necessary ingredients: salad fixings.
- the appropriate accompaniments; trimmings: turkey with all the fixings.
- gold fixing.
Origin of fixing
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for fixin'scircumstance, influence, point, component, element, thing, part, aspect, consideration, cause, ingredient, antecedent, means, agency, instrument, agent, item, portion, board, aid
- a means of attaching one thing to another, as a pipe to a wall, slate to a roof, etc
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012