- an inn or restaurant.
- Henry,1905–82, U.S. actor.
- his daughterJane,born 1937, U.S. actress.
Examples from the Web for fonda
Contemporary Examples of fonda
Fonda tried in vain to convince Jarrow and Archer to ditch the project.
Fonda was always willing to speak out even when it might be detrimental to her career.
Despite the hard work of women like Fonda, Archer said, there had been no sea-change in attitudes within the industry.
And on Tuesday night I went to see him live—my first time—at the Fonda Theatre in Los Angeles.
You could hear White's innate pop orientation at the Fonda show as well.
Historical Examples of fonda
At last, just as I was beginning to feel tired, we came to the fonda.Bidwell's Travels, from Wall Street to London Prison
Austin Biron Bidwell
“Fonda de Lala,” he said, and his words were scarcely audible.An Eagle Flight
As the fonda was in the Moorish Quarter our door was not exempt.In the Tail of the Peacock
The fonda was no place for the child, who should know only the litany of the Virgin—and they had kept her there.
He had indeed recommended the fonda to his impresor, who was but a courier before him.
- Henry . 1905–82, US film actor. His many films include Young Mr Lincoln (1939), The Grapes of Wrath (1940), Twelve Angry Men (1957), and On Golden Pond (1981) for which he won an Oscar
- his daughter Jane . born 1937, US film actress. Her films include Klute (1971) for which she won an Oscar, Julia (1977), The China Syndrome (1979), On Golden Pond (1981), and Old Gringo (1989)
- her brother, Peter . born 1939, US film actor, who made his name in Easy Rider (1969); later films include Ulee's Gold (1997) and 3:10 to Yuma (2007)