- a kind of pastry cake, filled with cream, almonds, and sugar.
- the filling used in such a pastry.
Origin of frangipane
Examples from the Web for frangipane
Historical Examples of frangipane
Frangipane, one of his horses, ran in the Grand Prix de Paris.A Zola Dictionary
J. G. Patterson
The flowers are used in perfumery, and furnish the scent known as Frangipane or Frangipani.
It may be made with frangipane and cream and apple marmalade, and then can be served hot.The Modern Housewife or, Menagere
His room was aromatic with the fragrance of frangipane; he tried to ascertain if a bottle were not uncorked—no!Against The Grain
The same cake may be filled with a frangipane, and prepared as the above for the rest.
- a pastry filled with cream and flavoured with almonds
- a rich cake mixture containing ground almonds
- a variant of frangipani (def. 2)