- a city in and the capital of New Brunswick, in SE Canada, on the St. John River.
- a province in SE Canada, E of Maine. 27,985 sq. mi. (72,480 sq. km). Capital: Fredericton.
- a city in central New Jersey.
Examples from the Web for fredericton
Fredericton is slowly increasing in buildings and improvements.First History of New Brunswick
August 4th and the Sunday which followed were spent at Fredericton.The Life of King Edward VII
J. Castell Hopkins
The Sheriff was away, down at Fredericton for a holiday from his arduous duties.Jim
Charles G. D. Roberts
The commission met first at Fredericton, and afterwards at Toronto.Ryerson Memorial Volume
J. George Hodgins
He also founded Fredericton College, of which he was the first chancellor.
- a city in SE Canada, capital of New Brunswick, on the St John River. Pop: 54 068 (2001)
- a province of SE Canada on the Gulf of St Lawrence and the Bay of Fundy: extensively forested. Capital: Fredericton. Pop: 751 384 (2004 est). Area: 72 092 sq km (27 835 sq miles)Abbreviation: NB
Province in eastern Canada, bordered by Quebec to the north, the Gulf of St. Lawrence (an arm of the Atlantic Ocean) to the east, Nova Scotia to the southeast, and Maine to the west. Together with Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, it is one of the Maritime Provinces. Fredericton is its capital, and Saint John is its largest city.