- Robert,1765–1815, U.S. engineer and inventor: builder of the first profitable steamboat.
- a city in central New York.
- a city in central Missouri.
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for fulton
Go look at a map of Fulton County, Georgia, which contains Atlanta, and see how large it is.
The population of Fulton County as a whole is 977,000, meaning that more than half the people live outside Atlanta proper.
Sharpton now escorted Fulton through the moving media swarm.At Trayvon Rally, Sybrina Fulton Shows Quiet Strength
July 21, 2013
Water had flowed into the Fulton Stall Market, across from which five Con Edison trucks sat parked.In the Aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, Manhattanites Assess the Damage
October 30, 2012
Iris Callaway, an active Republican volunteer in Fulton County, agreed.Callista Gingrich Speaks on the Campaign Trail
February 19, 2012
Then came the commission which changed the course of Fulton's life.
The boat excited the jeers of passersby, who called it "Fulton's Folly."
At Fulton, Kentucky, while he was on the train a white man was sitting in front of him.Negro Migration during the War
Emmett J. Scott
Let us cross in the Montauk from Fulton Ferry, and survey the freight.
Moreover, Fulton Street has admirable second-hand bookshops.Pipefuls
- Robert . 1765–1815, US engineer: designed the first successful steamboat (1807) and steam warship (1814)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- American engineer and inventor who developed the first useful submarine and torpedo (1800) and produced the first practical steamboat (1807).
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.