[fyoo-chuh-ris-tik]See more synonyms for futuristic on Thesaurus.com
Related formsfu·tur·is·ti·cal·ly, adverbnon·fu·tur·is·tic, adjectivesem·i·fu·tur·is·tic, adjectiveun·fu·tur·is·tic, adjective
- of or relating to the future: a futuristic view of the world.
- ahead of the times; advanced: futuristic technology.
- (sometimes initial capital letter) of or relating to futurism: the futuristic rejection of traditional forms.
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for futuristically
Chronic City is set in a futuristically tweaked version of the Upper East Side.
British Dictionary definitions for futuristically
Derived Formsfuturistically, adverb
- denoting or relating to design, technology, etc, that is thought likely to be current or fashionable at some future time; ultramodern
- of or relating to futurism
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
© William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for futuristically
1915, "avant garde," from futurism. Meaning "pertaining to the future" is from 1958, from future + -istic.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper