- the legislature in some states of the U.S.
- the main deliberative body of the United Nations, composed of delegations from member nations.
Origin of General Assembly
An Americanism dating back to 1610–20
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the deliberative assembly of the United NationsAbbreviation: GA
- the former name for the parliament of New Zealand
- the supreme governing body of certain religious denominations, esp of the Presbyterian Church