- George Bryan Brummell, 1778–1840, an Englishman who set the fashion in men's clothes.
- an extremely or excessively well-dressed man; fop; dandy.
- a dressing table for men, having a variety of elaborate arrangements of mirrors, candle brackets, etc. (invented in England in the late 18th century).
Also Beau Brum·mel (for defs 2, 3).
- George Bryan II. Beau Brummell.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- George Bryan, called Beau Brummell . 1778–1840, English dandy: leader of fashion in the Regency period
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012