- the branch of medicine dealing with the diseases, debilities, and care of aged persons.
- the study of the physical processes and problems of aging; gerontology.
Origin of geriatrics
Examples from the Web for geriatrician
Contemporary Examples of geriatrician
As a geriatrician, I spend my time exploring life beyond adulthood.How an iPod Can Fight Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Dr. Bill Thomas
July 20, 2014
I need to be more educated about eating disorders and violence prevention than a geriatrician, for example.Today’s Clean-Cut Teens: Less Sex, Less Drugs
May 28, 2014
Historical Examples of geriatrician
On her sleeve she wore the badge of geriatrician, with the motto, "To Care for the Aged."Life Sentence
- a physician who specializes in geriatric medicine
- (functioning as singular) the branch of medical science concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting older peopleCompare gerontology
- The branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and problems specific to old age.
- The branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and conditions of the elderly.