- the protoplasm of the germ cells containing the chromosomes.
Origin of germ plasm
Examples from the Web for germ plasm
Historical Examples of germ plasm
Why should not this germ-plasm, this eternal ghost, be infinitely sophisticated?The Secret Life
The theory of germ-plasm gives no causal explanation whatever of them.The Wonders of Life
The new view is, that instincts arise from variations in the germ-plasm.
The explanation is, the germ-plasm was not in any way affected by the bodily mutilation.
There is, therefore, continuity of the germ-plasm from one generation to another.Essays on Life, Art and Science
- the part of a germ cell that contains hereditary material; the chromosomes and genes
- the germ cells collectivelyCompare somatoplasm
- The cytoplasm of a germ cell, especially that part containing the chromosomes.
- Germ cells as distinguished from other body cells.
- Hereditary material; genes.