- the act of globalizing, or extending to other or all parts of the world: the globalization of manufacturing.
- worldwide integration and development: Globablization has resulted in the loss of some individual cultural identities.
Examples from the Web for globalisation
Historical Examples of globalisation
Policymakers explain developments by causes such as globalisation, technology and welfare state sclerosis.Definition & Reality in the General Theory of Political Economy
Prosperity, international trade, foreign investment, globalisation and joint ventures are the new magic formulas.After the Rain
- the process enabling financial and investment markets to operate internationally, largely as a result of deregulation and improved communications
- the emergence since the 1980s of a single world market dominated by multinational companies, leading to a diminishing capacity for national governments to control their economies
- the process by which a company, etc, expands to operate internationally
1961, from globalize, which is attested at least from 1953 in various senses; the main modern one, with reference to global economic systems, emerged 1959.