- rich and warm in coloring: glowing colors.
- showing the radiance of health, excitement, etc.: glowing cheeks.
- warmly favorable or complimentary: a glowing account of her work.
Origin of glowing
Synonyms for glowingSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for glowinglysplendidly, brilliantly, intensely, strikingly, merrily, cheerfully, colorfully, gleefully, joyfully, blazingly, dazzlingly, glaringly, glowingly, luminously, radiantly, blithely, flashily, showily, vivaciously
Examples from the Web for glowingly
Historical Examples of glowingly
She smiled at him glowingly, thinking she had caught him at a prank.Life Sentence
"Not at all—just the other way 'round," Carmena glowingly asserted.Bloom of Cactus
Robert Ames Bennet
At Villefranche they got out, and the car went on glowingly through the night.The Lure of the Mask
Whereupon I must have returned her gaze so glowingly as to embarrass her.Desert Dust
Edwin L. Sabin
Only live, and I also will love you, Carlo, as warmly and as glowingly as you love me!The Daughter of an Empress
- emitting a steady bright light without flamesglowing embers
- warm and rich in colourthe room was decorated in glowing shades of gold and orange
- flushed and rosy, as from exercise or excitementglowing cheeks
- displaying or indicative of extreme satisfaction, pride, or emotionhe gave a glowing account of his son's achievements