- the continental divide of North America; the Rocky Mountains.
- any similar continental divide.
- the passage from life to death: He crossed the Great Divide before his promise as a poet was recognized.
- an important division or difference.
Origin of Great Divide
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- another name for the continental divide
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012