- A(lfred) B(ertram), Jr.,1901–91, U.S. novelist.
- Sir (William) Tyrone,1900–71, English stage director and producer.
- Woodrow WilsonWoody, 1912–67, U.S. folk singer.
- a city in central Oklahoma: the former state capital.
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for guthrie
Dr Guthrie, said that the risk of being left infertile is “very, very low”.UK Clinics: Abortion Leads To Sex Abuse And Cancer
February 11, 2014
Things got heated in the gathering area behind the workshop of Guthrie Farms in Western Kentucky.Alison Grimes Will Have to Step It Up to Beat Mitch McConnell
November 30, 2013
“Could have done without the finger humor,” Guthrie noted afterward, speaking for millions.Al Roker on His Live ‘Today’ Prostate Exam
November 7, 2013
Guthrie was handpicked by Lauer after his former cohost Ann Curry was pushed out.NBC, Today Show Get Boston Marathon Bombing Coverage Right
April 20, 2013
Capus devised a plan for Curry to be slowly phased out and Guthrie slowly phased in, with both women appearing at the Olympics.Matt Lauer’s Bruising Year After Ann Curry’s Ouster Devastated the ‘Today’ Show
March 11, 2013
"But I've cast my lot with it and shall see it through," wrote Guthrie.
Then came her letter saying she was Guthrie Warren's sister.
Major Guthrie, whatever his prejudices, was a professional soldier.
You mean,” said Mrs. Guthrie slowly, “that you were paid for keeping these things, Anna?
Also Mrs. Guthrie was more or less chair-ridden, and Mrs. Otway had no carriage.
- Samuel. 1782–1848, US chemist: invented percussion priming powder and a punch lock for exploding it, and discovered chloroform (1831)
- Sir (William) Tyrone . 1900–71, English theatrical director
- Woody, full name Woodrow Wilson Guthrie. 1912–67, US folk singer and songwriter. His songs include "So Long, it's been Good to Know you" (1940) and "This Land is your Land" (1944)