- pronounced with guttural coarticulation.
Origin of gutturalized
- to speak or pronounce (something) in a guttural manner.
- Phonetics. to change into, pronounce as, or supplement with a guttural or gutturalized sound.
- to speak gutturally.
Also especially British, gut·ter·al·ise.
Origin of gutturalize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (tr) phonetics to change into a guttural speech sound or pronounce with guttural articulation or pharyngeal constriction
- to speak or utter in harsh raucous tones
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012