- (of an animal or its meat) slaughtered or prepared in the manner prescribed by Islamic law.
- of or relating to halal meat: a halal butcher.
- a halal animal or halal meat.
Origin of halal
Examples from the Web for halal
Contemporary Examples of halal
Other shady practices include non-halal meat being marketed as halal.
As for Yasin, he strives to make sure some of his halal meat comes from his own hands.
Is it halal if the animal lives a miserable life while never seeing sunlight?
There are some examples of halal businesses trying to buck the mainstream.
Halal means “permissible” in Arabic and refers to food that does not contain alcohol and pork.
Historical Examples of halal
- meat from animals that have been killed according to Muslim law
- of or relating to such meata halal butcher
- to kill (animals) in this way
Word Origin for halal
1855, Arabic, literally "lawful." Halal food has been prepared in a manner prescribed by Islamic law.