- (tr) to drag (something) along the ground
- (intr) to drag oneself; trail along
- (tr) to cover (a building) with a mixture of lime and gravel; roughcast
- (intr) to troll for fish
- the act of harling or dragging
- a small quantity; a scraping
- a mixture of lime and gravel; roughcast
C18: of unknown origin
- angling a variant of herl
Examples from the Web for harl
Harl Vincent is an indispensable acquisition to "our" magazine.
There are two brief pedigrees I have seen of these Cranmers, one in Harl.
The following are the directions for the disposition of the library, taken from Harl.Diary of Samuel Pepys, Complete
These lines are from an edition of 1624, printed in the Harl.
It is well shown in a MS. of the close of the twelfth century, Harl.Scenes and Characters of the Middle Ages
Edward Lewes Cutts