- the bringing home of the harvest.
- the time of harvesting or of gathering in the harvest.
- an English festival celebrated at the close of the harvest.
- a song sung as the harvest is brought home.
Origin of harvest home
First recorded in 1565–75
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for harvest home
So everything was done to make the harvest-home a day of feasting and mirth.Frank Oldfield
It is the harvest-home; if you wait you will see the procession.A Tramp's Wallet
That year's harvest-home was broken by deadly attacks of enemies.The Spell of the Rockies
Enos A. Mills
Harvest-home had gone, and the "fall" ploughing was forward.The Right of Way, Complete
It was, however, difficult to glean after so excellent a harvest-home.Calamities and Quarrels of Authors
- the bringing in of the harvest
- mainly British a harvest supper
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012