or hate·read, hate read
- to read (a blog, newspaper, etc.) that one professes to dislike, often with the intention to mock or criticize.
- to engage in this activity.
- a blog, newspaper, etc., that one hate-reads.
- the activity of hate-reading: my hate-read of her weekly column.
- a combining form describing something that one does but professes to dislike and that may indicate conflicting love/hate emotions, as in hate-read; hate-kiss; hate-sex.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018