- the field concerned with the maintenance or restoration of the health of the body or mind.
- any of the procedures or methods employed in this field.
- of, relating to, or involved in healthcare: healthcare workers; a healthcare center.
Origin of healthcare
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Word Origin and History for health care
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The prevention, treatment, and management of illness and the preservation of mental and physical well-being through the services offered by the medical and allied health professions.
- health-care Of or relating to health care.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.