- a layer of leather, metal, or the like in a shoe heel; a lift.
- a small portion of liquor remaining in a glass after drinking or in a bottle after decanting.
- dregs, sediment, or residue.
Origin of heeltap
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Also called: lift a layer of leather, etc, in the heel of a shoe
- a small amount of alcoholic drink left at the bottom of a glass after drinking
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012