- heavy; weighty: a hefty book.
- big and strong; powerful; muscular: a hefty athlete.
- impressively large or substantial: a hefty increase in salary.
Origin of hefty
SynonymsSee more synonyms for hefty on Thesaurus.com
2. robust, husky, burly, stalwart.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- big and strong
- characterized by vigour or forcea hefty blow
- large, bulky, or heavy
- sizable; involving a large amount of moneya hefty bill; a hefty wage
Word Origin and History for heftily
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper