- of, relating to, or caused by helminths.
- expelling intestinal worms; anthelminthic.
Origin of helminthic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for helminthic
Unfortunately, other avian epizotics, not necessarily due to parasites of any kind, may be mistaken for helminthic epizoty.Parasites
T. Spencer Cobbold
- of, relating to, or caused by parasitic worms
- another word for vermifuge
- Of or relating to worms, especially parasitic worms.
- Tending to expel worms.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.