A congenital defect in the cell membrane of red blood cells resulting in thickened, fragile red blood cells that are susceptible to spontaneous hemolysis and marked by chronic anemia, reticulocytosis, mild jaundice, and fever and abdominal pain.chronic acholuric jaundice chronic familial jaundice congenital hemolytic anemia congenital hemolytic jaundice spherocytic anemia
- hereditary hypertrophic neuropathy,
- hereditary lymphedema,
- hereditary multiple exostoses,
- hereditary opalescent dentin,
- hereditary progressive arthro-ophthalmopathy,
- hereditary spinal ataxia,
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.