- the repair of lesions with tissue from another individual or species.
Origin of heteroplasty
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for heteroplastic
Historical Examples of heteroplastic
Virchow49 had always maintained the possibility of regarding tuberculosis as a heteroplastic or metastatic scrofula.
- the surgical transplantation of tissue obtained from another person or animal
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Relating to or manifesting heteroplasia.
- Relating to tissue transplantation from one species to another.
- The surgical grafting of tissue obtained from one individual or species to another.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.