- the branch of biology dealing with the study of tissues.
- the structure, especially the microscopic structure, of organic tissues.
Origin of histology
Related Words for histologydivision, dissection, medicine, analysis, investigation, examination, diagnosis, inquiry, biology, cytology, genetics, etiology, zoology, histology, morphology, embryology, physiology
Examples from the Web for histology
Historical Examples of histology
There was practically no histology taught, and little or no pathology.A Labrador Doctor
Wilfred Thomason Grenfell
His concern, one may say, is with the gross anatomy of passion, not with its histology.A Book of Prefaces
H. L. Mencken
As I have not especially attended to histology, it would be presumptuous in me to express an opinion on the two opposed doctrines.
They have learnt a great deal of histology, and they have fancied that histology and physiology are the same things.Science and Education
Thomas H. Huxley
The doctor was the person who used it most, devoting much of his time to investigations in histology.Froth
Armando Palacio Valds
- the study, esp the microscopic study, of the tissues of an animal or plant
- the structure of a tissue or organ
- The science concerned with the minute structure of tissues and organs in relation to their function.microanatomy
- The scientific study of the microscopic structure of plant and animal tissues.