- to teach (one's children) at home instead of sending them to school.
- to educate one's children at home.
- a school set up in the home.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for home-school
Historical Examples of home-school
Such a home-school the association plants in the midst of these utterly necessitous children.
- to teach one's child at home instead of sending him or her to school
- being educated at home rather than in schoolhome-school kids
- relating to the education of children in their own homes instead of in schoolhome-school parents
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper