- Wade-Giles. Henan.
- (usually lowercase) Textiles.
- a pongee fabric made from the filaments of the wild silkworm.
- a lustrous fabric simulating pongee and woven from fibers other than silk.
Examples from the Web for honan
Historical Examples of honan
The largest is that at Honan, the southern suburb of Canton.Architecture
Thomas Roger Smith
"Catty Honan," cried Mary, with a gesture to enforce silence.The Martins Of Cro' Martin, Vol. I (of II)
Charles James Lever
He peered into the stinking wells of Honan where women were cutting their own throats.Athalie
Robert W. Chambers
The danger to those dear to us, touring in Honan, was very great.How I Know God Answers Prayer
We visited the Temple of Honan, a place of great sanctity to the natives.Due West
Maturin Murray Ballou
- (sometimes capital) a silk fabric of rough weave
Word Origin for honan
- a variant transliteration of the Chinese name for Henan