- (used to describe the size of a man's penis in expressions such as hung like a horse, hung like a bull, and hung like a field mouse.)
- (of a man) having a large penis; well-hung: That guy is hung!
Idioms about hung
- obsessed by: a clerk hung up on petty details.
- infatuated with.
usage note for hung
OTHER WORDS FROM hungun·hung, adjective
Other definitions for hung (2 of 2)
How to use hung in a sentence
Beyond the huge American flag that hung over the street, the mile-long mass of cops ended.Funeral Protest Is Too Much for NYPD Union Boss|Michael Daly|January 5, 2015|DAILY BEAST
The marchers began to stream out of the park, where they walked West on 110th and then hung a right on 7th Avenue.Justice League Vigil for Slain NYPD Officers Asks Whose Life Matters|Olivia Nuzzi|December 22, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Somebody had hung an American flag and people of the neighborhood had placed bouquets and candles.'Please Don't Die!': The Frantic Battle to Save Murdered Cops|Michael Daly|December 22, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The larger meaning of what he was saying hung in the air for a split-second.The End of Truthiness: Stephen Colbert’s Sublime Finale|Noel Murray|December 19, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Det. 2: (slamming his hand on the table and yelling) You hung her!How the U.S. Justice System Screws Prisoners with Disabilities|Elizabeth Picciuto|December 16, 2014|DAILY BEAST
About her neck was hung a covered basket and a door-key; and Davy at once concluded that she was Sindbad's house-keeper.Davy and The Goblin|Charles E. Carryl
He scratched his head in vexation, sat down, and as he did so, saw that his coat hung also upon the chair.
The small grain crops had been burned to a crisp, and disaster hung over the land.
He stood before the glass hung above the wash bench and 369 smoothed his hair.The Bondboy|George W. (George Washington) Ogden
He reached up for her big, rough straw hat that hung on a peg outside the door, and put it on her head.The Awakening and Selected Short Stories|Kate Chopin
British Dictionary definitions for hung (1 of 2)
- (of a legislative assembly) not having a party with a working majoritya hung parliament
- unable to reach a decisiona hung jury
- (of a situation) unable to be resolved
- impeded by some difficulty or delay
- in a state of confusion; emotionally disturbed