[ huhng ]
/ hʌŋ /
simple past tense and past participle of hang.
Slang: Usually Vulgar.
- (used to describe the size of a man's penis in expressions such as hung like a horse, hung like a bull, and hung like a field mouse.)
- (of a man) having a large penis; well-hung: That guy is hung!
LEARN THE SPANISH WORDS FOR THESE COMMON ANIMALS!
Are you learning Spanish? Or do you just have an interest in foreign languages? Either way, this quiz on Spanish words for animals is for you.
Question 1 of 13
How do you say “cat” 🐈 in Spanish?
Idioms for hung
- obsessed by: a clerk hung up on petty details.
- infatuated with.
hung up on, Slang.
usage note for hung
OTHER WORDS FROM hungun·hung, adjective
Definition for hung (2 of 2)
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2021
British Dictionary definitions for hung (1 of 2)
/ (hʌŋ) /
the usual past tense and past participle of hang
- (of a legislative assembly) not having a party with a working majoritya hung parliament
- unable to reach a decisiona hung jury
- (of a situation) unable to be resolved
hung over informal suffering from the effects of a hangover
hung up slang
- impeded by some difficulty or delay
- in a state of confusion; emotionally disturbed
hung up on slang obsessively or exclusively interested inhe's hung up on modern art these days
usage for hung
For most senses of hang the past tense and past participle is hung : I hung the curtains; he had hung the new painting on the wall . However, when the meaning is 'to suspend or be suspended by the neck until dead', the past tense and past participle is hanged : the traitors were hanged; they had hanged him at dawn . This form is also used in the idiom I'll be hanged
British Dictionary definitions for hung (2 of 2)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012