- the quality, relative degree, or specific degree of being toxic or poisonous: to determine the toxicity of arsenic.
Origin of toxicity
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the degree of strength of a poison
- the state or quality of being poisonous
Word Origin and History for hypertoxicity
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The quality or condition of being toxic.
- The degree to which a substance is toxic.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.