- characterized by the introduction of medicine or drugs under the skin: hypodermic injection.
- introduced under the skin: a hypodermic medication.
- pertaining to parts under the skin.
- stimulating; energizing.
- a hypodermic remedy.
- a hypodermic injection.
- hypodermic syringe.
- the administration of drugs into subcutaneous body tissues.
Origin of hypodermic
Examples from the Web for hypodermic
Contemporary Examples of hypodermic
He lay on his side in a t-shirt and shorts with a hypodermic needle in his left arm.Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Deadly ‘Ace of Spades' Heroin
February 3, 2014
There was at least one hypodermic picked up at the house that day.The Strange and Mysterious Death of Mrs. Jerry Lee Lewis
Richard Ben Cramer
January 11, 2014
Lessons to be learned: When someone stabs you with a hypodermic, just shoot them.Saw, Scrutinized
October 23, 2009
Historical Examples of hypodermic
In his case his own discovery of hypodermic injections would be excellent.Doctor Pascal
When he looked up June was in the room again with two hypodermic needles.The End of Time
He reached in his pocket for a hypodermic, but Carnes interrupted him.
The thing in his fist was silver and sharp, a hypodermic needle.Measure for a Loner
James Judson Harmon
Then the hypodermic fell from his nerveless hand and he fought to break away.The Monster
S. M. Tenneshaw
- of or relating to the region of the skin beneath the epidermis
- injected beneath the skin
- a hypodermic syringe or needle
- a hypodermic injection
- Of or relating to the layer just beneath the epidermis.
- Relating to the hypodermis.
- Injected beneath the skin.
- A hypodermic injection.
- A hypodermic needle.
- A hypodermic syringe.