- a state in the NW United States. 83,557 sq. mi. (216,415 sq. km). Capital: Boise. Abbreviation: ID (for use with zip code), Id., Ida.
- a variety of russet Burbank grown in Idaho.
Examples from the Web for idahoan
Contemporary Examples of idahoan
He called Governor Otter a “salesman for the government,” a product no decent Idahoan would ever buy.The Candidate Named "Pro-Life"
October 31, 2010
- a native or inhabitant of Idaho
- of or relating to Idaho or its inhabitants
- a state of the northwestern US: consists chiefly of ranges of the Rocky Mountains, with the Snake River basin in the south; important for agriculture (Idaho potatoes), livestock, and silver-mining. Capital: Boise. Pop: 1 366 332 (2003 est). Area: 216 413 sq km (83 557 sq miles)Abbreviation: Id., Ida., (with zip code) ID
c.1860, as a place name, originally applied to part of what is now eastern Colorado (Idaho Territory organized 1863; admitted as a state 1890); from Kiowa-Apache (Athabaskan) idaahe "enemy," a name applied by them to the Comanches.