- Swimming. individual medley.
- Sports. intramural.
- Also I.M. Isle of Man.
- a plural ending occurring in loanwords from Hebrew: cherubim.
Origin of -im
- contraction of I am.
- variant of in-2 before b, m, p: imbrute; immigrate; impassion.
- variant of in-3 before b, m, p: imbalance; immoral; imperishable.
- variant of in-1 before b, m, p: imbed; immure; impose.
Examples from the Web for im
Contemporary Examples of im
In a blog post titled “im sorry,” he wrote only “please forgive me.”School Shooters Love This Pickup Artist Website
December 5, 2014
Rico Finally Paid: its easy fast money money and im welling to spoil you to def .The Sex-Trafficking Kings of Facebook
May 20, 2014
Its license plate reads “IM BIG” and can reach 25 miles per hour.
In claiming support from those who lie in their graves, though, Im Tirtzu has been outdone by Upper Nazareth Mayor Shimon Gapso.
Meanwhile, Im Tirtzu claims to represent the "centrist stream in Zionism" dating back to Theodor Herzl.
Historical Examples of im
I went an' done all I could t' cheer 'im up, an' that's all the thanks I git fer it.Chip, of the Flying U
B. M. Bower
Anybody would think to 'ear 'im there wasn't any other plyce in the world!
Only people 'ud call 'im Perce, of course, an' that would be 'orrible.
"You seemed pretty keen abaht seein' 'im," he remarked conclusively.The Black Bag
Louis Joseph Vance
Softly, softly, said the Doctor; Im not so sure they have gone.The Field of Ice
- Isle of Man
- computing instant messaging
- Also: i.m. intramuscular
- chess International Master
- I am
Word Origin and History for im
- internal medicine