- to make known; tell; relate; disclose: to impart a secret.
- to give; bestow; communicate: to impart knowledge.
- to grant a part or share of.
- to grant a part or share; give.
Origin of impart
Synonyms for impartSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Antonyms for impart
Related Words for impartmenttransmission, distribution, consignment, shipment, drop, commitment, dispatch, conveyance, rendition, post, surrender, portage, mailing, impartment
- to communicate (information); relate
- to give or bestow (something, esp an abstract quality)to impart wisdom
Word Origin for impart
early 15c., "to give a part of (one's possessions); late 15c., "to share, take part," from Old French impartir (14c.), from Late Latin impartire (also impertire) "to share in, divide with another, communicate," from assimilated form of in- "into, in" (see in- (2)) + partire "to divide, part" (see part (v.)). Related: Imparted; imparting.