- urgent or persistent in solicitation, sometimes annoyingly so.
- pertinacious, as solicitations or demands.
- troublesome; annoying: importunate demands from the children for attention.
Origin of importunate
Related Words for importunatelyvigorously, eagerly, hastily, frantically, earnestly, compellingly, anxious, excitedly, impetuously, beseechingly, emotionally, enthusiastically, gravely, imperiously, imploringly, importunately, persuasively, precipitately
Examples from the Web for importunately
Historical Examples of importunately
But she had only meant it for that evening, and he had gone on importunately.A Little Girl in Old Salem
Amanda Minnie Douglas
Yet it haunted him, though at rare intervals, and not importunately.Major Vigoureux
A. T. Quiller-Couch
When admitted he was very noisy, and importunately talkative.Observations on Madness and Melancholy
How realistically, how importunately, how pitifully she took form before him!The Adventures of Jimmie Dale
Frank L. Packard
Secrets the bark and bud scales hide have been revealed to those who have patiently and importunately inquired.Trees Worth Knowing
Julia Ellen Rogers
- persistent or demanding; insistent
- rare troublesome; annoying