- the act of coming in; arrival; advent: the incoming of spring.
- Usually incomings. funds received; revenue.
Origin of incoming
Related Words for in-comingapproaching, elected, inbound, admission, introduction, beginning, inauguration, appearance, presentation, opener, access, entry, accession, coming, future, elect, entrance, debut, door, incoming
Examples from the Web for in-coming
Historical Examples of in-coming
It was the in-coming tide, and therefore swelling towards the beach.The Boy Slaves
She made a careful calculation: at the present rate of the in-coming tide, she had probably about an hour and a half to live.Girls New and Old
L. T. Meade
A great proportion of the furniture of the old house, including the family portraits, had been purchased by the in-coming owner.The People Of The Mist
H. Rider Haggard
This railway-station at Milwaukie is one of the great distributing points of the in-coming flood from Northern Europe.The Great Lone Land
W. F. Butler
At their first in-coming the Devil says, Quum literarum, is good Latine.
- coming in; entering
- about to come into office; succeeding
- (of interest, dividends, etc) being received; accruing
- the act of coming in; entrance
- (usually plural) income or revenue