- not correct as to fact; inaccurate; wrong: an incorrect statement.
- improper, unbecoming, or inappropriate: incorrect behavior; incorrect attire.
- not correct in form, use, or manner: an incorrect copy.
Origin of incorrect
Synonyms for incorrectSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for in-correctincorrect, unwarranted, inadmissible, inaccurate, irregular, inappropriate, wrong, erroneous, awkward, ill-advised, imprudent, false, untrue, defective, mistaken, unreliable, faulty, imprecise, tasteless, unsuitable
- false; wrongan incorrect calculation
- not fitting or properincorrect behaviour
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper