- a person or thing that is between two extremes, two contrasting conditions, etc.: yeses, noes, and in-betweens; a tournament for professional, amateur, and in-between.
- a person who handles the intermediary steps, as in a manufacturing or sales process.
- being between one thing, condition, etc., and another: a coat for in-between weather.
Origin of in-between
First recorded in 1805–15
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- intermediatehe's at the in-between stage, neither a child nor an adult
- an intermediate person or thing