- to breed (individuals of a closely related group) repeatedly.
- to breed within; engender.
- to engage in or undergo inbreeding.
Origin of inbreed
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for inbreed
On our side, we have a more recently mixed race than yours; you've begun to inbreed.The Life and Letters of Walter H. Page, Volume II
Burton J. Hendrick
- to breed from unions between closely related individuals, esp over several generations
- (tr) to develop within; engender