- deviating in direction from the horizontal or vertical; sloping.
- disposed; of a mind (usually followed by to): He was inclined to stay.
- having a physical tendency; leaning.
- tending in a direction that makes an angle with anything else.
Origin of inclined
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (postpositive often foll by to) having a disposition; tending
- sloping or slanting
Idioms and Phrases with inclined to
Tending or disposed toward, as in I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. [Mid-1300s]
The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.