- a city in and the capital of Indiana, in the central part.
- RobertRobert Clarke, born 1928, U.S. painter of pop art.
- a state in the central United States: a part of the Midwest. 36,291 sq. mi. (93,995 sq. km). Capital: Indianapolis. Abbreviation: IN (for use with zip code), Ind.
- a city in W central Pennsylvania.
Examples from the Web for indianapolis
Contemporary Examples of indianapolis
Kassig traveled to Beirut during spring break while he was studying at Butler University in Indianapolis.ISIS Beheads British Aid Worker Alan Henning
October 3, 2014
They were reading the Lodi News-Sentinel and the Indianapolis Star and the Milwaukee Journal.The Real Legacy of Richard Nixon
August 5, 2014
This weekend, the battle will commence when the “Moms” and their allies demonstrate outside the NRA Convention in Indianapolis.The NRA’s Worst Nightmare Is America’s Moms
April 24, 2014
The Indianapolis Colts, the team that drafted him first overall in 1998, released him during that offseason.The Injuries That Made Peyton Manning and Tom Brady
January 19, 2014
With Sanders, Indianapolis had the second-best run defense in the playoffs.Peyton Manning and Tom Brady Don’t Control Their Own Legacies
January 18, 2014
Historical Examples of indianapolis
The Woman's Club of Indianapolis, founded in 1875, is the oldest in the city.
Booth Tarkington was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, in 1869.
Two months later he wrote from Indianapolis accepting the call.Sixty years with Plymouth Church
Stephen M. Griswold
The home schools at Indianapolis and Providence are, perhaps, typical.The New Education
Once upon a day there was a grocer who lived in Indianapolis, Indiana.Little Journeys to the Homes of the Great, Volume 7
- a city in central Indiana: the state capital. Pop: 783 438 (2003 est)
- a state of the N central US, in the Midwest: consists of an undulating plain, with sand dunes and lakes in the north and limestone caves in the south. Capital: Indianapolis. Pop: 6 195 643 (2003 est). Area: 93 491 sq km (36 097 sq miles)Abbreviation: Ind, (with zip code) IN
Capital of Indiana and largest city in the state.