- Also called, British, action replay. Television.
- the recording and immediate rebroadcasting of a segment of a live television broadcast, especially of a sports event: an instant replay of the touchdown pass.
- a segment recorded and immediately rebroadcast.
- Informal. the repetition, review, or reenactment of something immediately or soon after its initial occurrence.
Origin of instant replay
An Americanism dating back to 1965–70
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- another name for action replay
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012