DO YOU KNOW THIS VOCABULARY FROM "THE HANDMAID'S TALE"?
OTHER WORDS FROM insurancenon·in·sur·ance, nounpre·in·sur·ance, nounpro·in·sur·ance, adjective
WORDS THAT MAY BE CONFUSED WITH insuranceassurance insurance
Words nearby insurance
Example sentences from the Web for insurance
His father, a writer, and his mother, who worked in insurance, were flawless.
She freely admits that she was using both to self-medicate after she lost her insurance.States Slap Pregnant Women With Harsher Jail Sentences|Emily Shire|December 12, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Most of them have insurance, and only a small percentage face catastrophic illness.
Does that mean that when the insurance company pays my doctor they also pay the same amount to me?Up to a Point: Thanks to the Biggest Turkey, Uncle Sam|P. J. O’Rourke|November 27, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Thankful that I made it this far without fearing dying of a treatable illness because I had no insurance.From Socially Isolated Nerd to Jeopardy! Bad Boy: A Thank You Note|Arthur Chu|November 27, 2014|DAILY BEAST
Every family is a secret society; every business firm, and every banking and insurance institution.The Abominations of Modern Society|Rev. T. De Witt Talmage
Just now his wink was directed at Carroll Brown, an insurance solicitor.The Best Policy|Elliott Flower
Somewhere in the story the extent of the damage and the amount of insurance should be given.News Writing|M. Lyle Spencer
Perhaps the building is insured for its positive value, and the insurance money would erect a better one.A Walk from London to John O'Groat's|Elihu Burritt
Then when he ships his crop, the dealer adds his commissions, insurance, etc.Life On The Mississippi, Complete|Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)
British Dictionary definitions for insurance
- the act, system, or business of providing financial protection for property, life, health, etc, against specified contingencies, such as death, loss, or damage, and involving payment of regular premiums in return for a policy guaranteeing such protection
- the state of having such protection
- Also called: insurance policy the policy providing such protection
- the pecuniary amount of such protection
- the premium payable in return for such protection
- (as modifier)insurance agent; insurance broker; insurance company