- very intricate or complex: an involved reply.
- implicated: involved in crime.
- concerned in some affair, especially in a way likely to cause danger or unpleasantness: I didn't call the police because I didn't want to get involved.
- committed or engaged, as in a political cause or artistic movement: The civil rights demonstration attracted the involved young people of the area.
Origin of involved
Synonyms for involved
Antonyms for involved
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- complicated; difficult to comprehendan involved literary style
- (usually postpositive) concerned or implicatedone of the men involved
- (postpositive foll by with) euphemistic having sexual relationsshe was involved with a number of men
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for involvedness
"complicated," 1640s, past participle adjective from involve.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper