- a personal or emotional problem: I had issues that prevented me from doing well in school.
- any problem or difficulty: Sorry I'm late—I had an issue with parking.
- a discharge of blood, pus, or the like.
- an incision, ulcer, or the like, emitting such a discharge.
verb (used with object), is·sued, is·su·ing.
verb (used without object), is·sued, is·su·ing.
Words nearby issue
Idioms for issue
- being disputed or under discussion.
- being at opposite viewpoints; in disagreement: Medical experts are still at issue over the proper use of tranquilizers.
- to enter into controversy or take exception to.
- to submit an issue jointly for legal decision.
Origin of issue
SYNONYMS FOR issue
ANTONYMS FOR issue
OTHER WORDS FROM issue
Examples from the Web for issuer
Generally, the better the rating, the lower the borrowing cost for the issuer.
I hate issuing predictions because they very often embarrass the issuer after the fact.Emmys Drama Race: ‘Mad Men,’ ‘Downton Abbey,’ ‘Breaking Bad,’ and More|Jace Lacob|September 18, 2012|DAILY BEAST
Its worth in exchange, dependent on public opinion of the stability and honesty of the issuer.The Crown of Wild Olive|John Ruskin
It can be viewed now only in the light of its present usefulness, and as an issuer of money it is of no use whatever.Honest Money|Arthur Isaac Fonda
The return of the notes to the issuer seems not to be impeded by the inconvenience or expensiveness of the process.Readings in Money and Banking|Chester Arthur Phillips
Paper money differs from bank-notes in that it does not depend for its redemption on the credit of the issuer.The Principles of Economics|Frank A. Fetter
May the will of the Issuer of Decrees in all things be done!The Ninth Vibration And Other Stories|L. Adams Beck
British Dictionary definitions for issuer
- a suppurating sore
- discharge from a wound
- the system for recording current loans
- the number of books loaned in a specified period
- under discussion
- in disagreement
- to join in controversy
- to submit an issue for adjudication
verb -sues, -suing or -sued
- to give out or allocate (equipment, a certificate, etc) officially to someone
- (foll by with) to supply officially (with)
Derived forms of issueissueless, adjectiveissuer, noun
Word Origin for issue
Medicine definitions for issuer
Idioms and Phrases with issuer
see at issue; take issue with.