- a former state in NW India, now part of Rajasthan.
- a city in and the capital of Rajasthan, in NW India: known as the “pink city” because of its buildings of that color.
- a state in NW India; formerly Rajputana and a group of small states. 132,078 sq. mi. (342,056 sq. km). Capital: Jaipur.
Examples from the Web for jaipur
Contemporary Examples of jaipur
While there seems something dutiful about the lament (as about the whole faux-controversy), Jaipur is indeed a strange beast.Jaipur Literary Festival Draws Controversy
January 23, 2011
Welcome to Jaipur for the coolest and most inspired literary festival in the world.
The Jaipur Literature Festival ( jaipurliteraturefestival.org) runs from Jan. 21 to Jan. 25 in Diggi Palace.
One of the things people like best about Jaipur is that we are completely egalitarian.
That reading took place somewhere at the rear of Jaipur University in a room that no one was able to find.
Historical Examples of jaipur
Samarcand is the "blue" town, just as Jaipur in India is the "pink" town.From Pole to Pole
Sven Anders Hedin
But it is Amber that constitutes the chief attraction of a visit to Jaipur.A Tour of the Missions
Augustus Hopkins Strong
The largest is at Jaipur in India, and was erected about 1730.Time Telling through the Ages
Harry Chase Brearley
The Jaipur troops were much on a par with those of Bhopal and Udaipur.Forty-one years in India
Frederick Sleigh Roberts
And by now he was feeling more impatient to see Arúna than to see Jaipur.Far to Seek
- a city of great beauty in N India, capital of Rajasthan state: University of Rajasthan (1947). Pop: 2 324 319 (2001)
- a state of NW India, bordering on Pakistan: formed in 1958; contains the Thar Desert in the west; now the largest state in India. Capital: Jaipur. Pop: 56 473 122 (2001). Area: 342 239 sq km (132 111 sq miles)