- a slow, regular, jolting pace, as of a horse.
- an uneventful, humdrum way of living, doing something, etc.: a sleepy little town where life proceeded at a jog trot.
Origin of jog trot
Examples from the Web for jog trot
Historical Examples of jog trot
The line-rider swung to the saddle and put his pony at a jog-trot.Oh, You Tex!
William Macleod Raine
It delayed the whole gang, for they could not go on faster than a jog-trot.Riders of the Silences
It was impossible to get them to move faster than a jog-trot.The Lost Despatch
Natalie Sumner Lincoln
Man, so to speak, was born old and accommodated to a jog-trot.Progress and History
Maze and spiral; follow-my-leader, done at a jog-trot in the open air.How Girls Can Help Their Country
- an easy bouncy gait, esp of a horse, midway between a walk and a trot
- a monotonous or regular way of living or doing something
- (intr) to move at a jog trot