- John,1527–1608, English mathematician and astrologer.
- a river in NE Scotland, flowing E into the North Sea at Aberdeen. 90 miles (145 km) long.
- a river in N Wales and W England, flowing E and N into the Irish Sea. About 70 miles (110 km) long.
- a male or female given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a Scot word for die 1
- a river in N Wales and NW England, rising in S Gwynedd and flowing east and north to the Irish Sea. Length: about 112 km (70 miles)
- a river in NE Scotland, rising in the Cairngorms and flowing east to the North Sea. Length: about 140 km (87 miles)
- a river in S Scotland, flowing south to the Solway Firth. Length: about 80 km (50 miles)
- John. 1527–1608, English mathematician, astrologer, and magician: best known for his preface (1570) to the first edition of Euclid in English
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012